Saturday, June 7, 2008

it's a matter of trust.

so i think that i've had lyrics for the titles / headings of my past few blogs, but that's alright...i think anything you say is a lyric nowadays anyway...

alright, so update...

i've been spending a lot more time in the Word than i have been the past several months. I'm re-reading the new testament, not necessarily in order, just in whatever order I feel placed upon my heart. and I'm loving it. I love how each time you read the Bible, there is something else that jumps out at you, something that applies to your life here and now. It is just so awesome. I love God, pretty much, yeah. I leave in less than a week to go to Africa, I'm pretty excited about that, too. I am so excited to see God work in their lives as well as ours. I am seriously so stoked to come back and see this world in a whole new way, I want my heart to forever love like Christs', I want my love to shine and I want everyone to see something different in me. I love that even though I wandered on my own path for a while, that God was still here waiting for me. I want to be that way for friends in my lifetime, no matter what happens, no matter how long it is before we talk again, I want to always be there for them no matter what the situation. I want them to see God's love in me. Not only do I want my friends and family to see that, but also strangers. I want to be a girl they see and think: Wow, there is just something different about her. I want to help those in need. I still have a passion for that, to help people, and I thank God for that gift, I am so thankful and so honored that I have such an awesome gift. I want to help end so much wrong in this world. I have high hopes and big dreams and I refuse to limit them because with God, anything is possible. I can help in the abolishment of slavery, there are currently over 27 million slaves worldwide, that is more than ever recorded in history. I want to put a stop to discrimination, I want abuse to end. Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me. To start all of this, though, I must be the change I want to see in this world. I need to not judge others, not condemn, all I can do is love, for love is the greatest gift of them all. I want to love everyone, with no favoritism, as our Lord and Savior does. I have so much I want to do in life, I will do everything I can with God. That can start with obeying my parents and cleaning my room...finally.... :)

later <3

1 comment:

Kevin Bales said...

Jenny, Thanks for a beautiful post. You are so right, not only can you help with ending slavery, we really can end it in your lifetime - it is not a job we can finish in a year or two, or solve with a giant rock concert, but the end of slavery is within our grasp.

Have a look at our website: www.freetheslaves.net, and you might be interested in a new book: Ending Slavery: How We Free Today's Slaves (it's on Amazon and everywhere else).
All best,
Kevin Bales