Sunday, March 29, 2009

Changing who I am to who I need to be.

It's funny how in life, things happen that you just know are meant to happen. Whether it's a move, a death, or even something as small as a song playing on my iTunes that is something I needed to hear. Music is a release to me, as is writing--which, by the way, this blog is much overdue and I apologize for that-not only to you, the reader, but to myself, because I have kept too much inside of me for way too long.
So much has gone through my mind the past few weeks. Deaths have happened, I have been confused, why? I know the greater reason of "why," but I just cannot wrap my mind around it. I'm trying, I really am. But there are just many things that you cannot reach with such a simple human mind. I have this life, I want to treasure it. I know that there is so much more out there for me, for my future, for my life. I have so much and I appreciate it all and too often, I take the simple things for granted.
I am making changes, I am going to be happier again, I am going to be positive nearly every moment of everyday and I am going to look forward and not back. These changes will apply to my spiritual self-to get closer with God, my health-exercising much more often and eating healthier, as well as the relationships in my life-surrounding myself with positive, loving, cheerful people. I will make changes that I read or hear about, but never really applied before, I will improve my will, my devotion, my dedication, and my perseverance. When I'm back in school, I will do my work whenever it needs to be done, I will try my hardest to no longer procrastinate. If I know that something needs to get done, I will do it without excuses. So much improvement is going to happen. Realistically, it will not happen overnight, or even maybe not in the next month or few months, it will take quite a bit of time for all of these changes. I need to take life one step at a time, ensuring that stress is not overpowering myself and that I can stay optimistic throughout the process.
I am thankful for my family and my friends that I have to support me through these changes. I am going to be even better than I was before. I am going through so much and I am learning even more than I thought possible. I might not notice the changes, but others are, and that is wonderful. If other people can tell that I am happier, more responsible, more loving, then that's a good sign. I'm on the right track. I just need to keep pressing forward. I can do it, I know I can. God knows I can. I have faith, I have love, I have support. I have it all. I am grateful for all of this, I am grateful for love. Life is good, forever and always.
Changes don't have to be bad at all. Together, we can overcome it all. I love you. Thank-you.





lovelovechange

No comments: