Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rain, come quickly.

You think about rain, it washes things away. Whether it's art you've been wanting to hold onto for just a day longer that you drew on the sidewalk or whether it's the dirt and grass left on the sidewalk from cutting the grass. Rain rinses things clean, sometimes leaving such things as water marks on the windshields of cars. So far, I have said that rain washes things away and sometimes leaves marks. Confusing because if something cleans, then why does it leave a separate mark? I feel that seeing these water marks, you know that rain has come, you know that something has been rinsed away. It's a sign that life has poured down from the skies.
Rain. Rinsing things away. You know that I'm going to get "Godly" with this sort of a topic, right? Well, if that's what you were thinking, you definitely were correct with your thoughts. God comes and he rinses away sin, the grass lying in our driveway, the seemingly wonderful artwork we created to create a new pallet, a clean canvas to start anew. And sometimes, God leaves watermarks, signs for others to see that he has come down into our lives to rinse away some bad. You might be confused, but that's okay, I tend to think in ways that only make sense in my mind and as of now, I am aware that I have been a bit out there with my words, but if you take time to try to understand what I'm thinking and saying, maybe you'll understand a bit better.

Lately, there's been a lot going on. Lately as in the past several months. I haven't blogged since the beginning of the year, so I have definitely had a lot building up on my mind. This is my release and I haven't released in so long, there's just so much I've thought about.
One thing that people have been talking to me a lot about lately has been dating. And I haven't really had much say in the discussion other than "I don't date, that's just not my thing," but I have noticed from a few people's reactions that they don't understand that as "Oh, okay, you're just not into relationships or anything of the sort at the time," but they take it a step further to think, "Ohhhhhh, you like to fool around with guys and be promiscuous, niiiiice." That is not what I mean when I say "I don't date," what I mean is that my mind isn't even on that issue. I do not think about dating or trying to get a guy to like me, that is what I mean. I don't wake up thinking about any guys other than God and my family. My focus is to keep my life straight and to always remember who created the wonderful life that I live. Eventually, this dating discussion turns into, "well, what characteristics do you look for? What are the qualities you seek?" Well, I don't seek any qualities since I am not thinking about dating, I have so much other stuff going on, however, I do have qualities that are set, basic standards if you may, of what a guy that I will date when the time is right. The quality that I realized is the only standard I have is that the guy be Christ-like. I feel that if he resembles Christ, then everything will fall into place. I don't want anyone who just thinks about God on Sundays, or on holidays, or three or even six times a week. I want somebody who is more in love with Christ than any other person, including myself. I want somebody who will drop everything at any given moment to live the life God called him to, with absolutely nothing holding him back. That's the kind of guy I pray for and know will enter into my life when God has that time set. With that quality, all the other qualities I could ever think of, will be there, everything will follow suit if his heart is striving daily to be like Christ.
While I say I would appreciate that quality in somebody, I also would appreciate that quality in myself. I need to remember to strive daily to live my life like that. I fail. I like to say that I'll try to live my life that way, but I always go back on my word. I need to say it and stick with it this time. I'm not only going to try to live my life completely Christ-like, I AM going to live my life 100% for God. Forget everyone else, humans are humans. I'm a human, I know that I let people down, I know that I go back on my word, I just said that I do, so for me to care so much about what other humans think or to try to please them is just absurd. My opinion is constantly changing on topics, so to try to please myself daily is a difficult task, I need to just focus on pleasing God. That is my life goal, to be more and more Christ-like each and everyday. I don't feel like that calls for shouting out about God at the top of my lungs in the middle of Wal*Mart, I feel like living my life this way is to just make sure that God is seen through my actions, through my words, through my life. I need to let his light shine brighter than ever before. This will happen.

Life is wonderful.
It always will be.





lovelovelove.

1 comment:

Nicole Waldorf said...

Ya' know, i love the idea that i don't have to worry about "finding" a guy or making myself just perfect for a guy because i'm confident that God will bring me just what i need. It takes so much pressure off!
hakuna matata!
:)