Sunday, January 25, 2009

But I was too scared to.

Here are a few postsecret postcards that really caught my eye this week.
And when I say "caught my eye," I mean that I felt I could relate to them a decent amount, at least on some level.


I never seem to want anyone to know everything about me. I don't know if I do it on purpose or not, I just know people are constantly telling me throughout my years that they don't "get me" and that they have honestly never met a single person like me. I am a mystery, I am complex, I am deep. I'm sorry that I don't let you in.


Okay, so the x-ray part is pretty creepy to be honest, but I agree with wanting to escape. I also want to get away. I am fine with where I am now because I am in California, away from the life I've been living, not that is was "bad," but I was far from happy there. I am going to continue to live a life that is more like me, that is more my desire, more of my calling. I am going to escape from the day to day life I am used to back at home, I am going to move on. It is scary, but I can do it.



Here it is. This person knows that so many people are waiting on a sign for it to be okay for them to leave, to move on. I wasn't exactly waiting for any sign, I already received mine, but I know what this is like. It's just reassuring and it brings me joy to see that somebody sent in this postcard. It makes me think about wanting to leave and being wary about it, but then being reassured that I can do it. There is no better time than the present. Here and now, baby. Make it happen.




lovelovecompletelove

No comments: